Berikut ini informasi lowongan kerja Urban Sustainability Senior Program Lead di Jakarta bagi kamu yang sedang mencari informasi tersebut.
Jabatan: Urban Sustainability Senior Program Lead
Perusahaan: World Resources Institute
Deskripsi Pekerjaan: WRI Cities program is a global initiative dedicated to shape a future where cities work better for everyone. Our practices area span variously in Buildings, Health, Road Safety, Urban Mobility, Urban Development, Urban Government and Water. Through innovative research, deep engagement, and global partnerships, our network of local and international experts puts cities on a trajectory of more sustainable and equitable development. We catalyze and accelerate transformative initiatives that turn cities into resilient, inclusive, low-carbon places that are good for people and the planet. Placed in seven countries, made the WRI Cities program the second biggest portfolio after climate.
In Indonesia, the WRI cities program also supports numerous initiatives. The “Clean Air Catalyst” initiative is one of a cities programs that seeks to improve air quality in Jakarta through source awareness and narrowing framework. We also help cities in Indonesia to invest in their inner, nearby, and faraway forests to provide tremendous benefits in human health and well-being through the “Cities for Forest” program. Conjointly with the Jakarta provincial government, WRI Indonesia assists the development Low Emission Zone (LEZ) program to greatly reduce the emission in Jakarta Old Town. WRI also supports safe mobility programme where we empower the youth to provide inputs towards cities planning. Lastly, WRI also facilitates any Indonesian city governments that intend and/or have committed to, ideally, net-zero-where WRI supports in ensuring the targets follow the highly accountable international scientific standard, including emission reduction from the shift in the cities value chain and carbon neutralization through nature-based solutions, e.g., tree restoration.
As an archipelago country, the rapid development of the coastal area attracted many people to come and seek a livelihood, which lead to the emergence of the coastal metropolitan area. Rising sea level is an imminent risk throughout coastal metropolitan, and it is getting worse with the occurrence of climate change. Some sustainable urban initiatives have been placed yet the devastating effects of COVID-19 put those initiatives on hold especially in Surabaya and Makassar. The cities are also hit by unpredicted cycles of coastal flooding and job losses caused by Covid-19, disproportionately impacting the urban poor and exacerbating existing social-economic inequality. The urban poor living in risk-prone areas are frequently excluded from the development process and have limited access to basic infrastructure (including transportation) and jobs, making them more vulnerable to extreme climate-related events. Given the current scenario, WRI Indonesia aims to assist these two cities in their post-covid recovery plans by developing a more sustainable mobility strategy that is lower in emissions, safer, more inclusive, and resilient.
As the Senior Program Lead, this position will lead and work with the team to implement strategy and deliver the project on a daily basis. He/She is required to oversee the project’s financial and administrative process within WRI Indonesia. The Senior Program Lead is expected to monitor, evaluate and review the project’s life-cycle based on project documents. He/She needs to coordinate with key stakeholders and partners in pilot cities: Surabaya and Makassar. In fulfilling the responsibilities, the programme lead is required to collaborate with colleagues across WRI, both local and international offices.
Project Management (70%)
- Provide strategy on project implementation and spending to ensure all activities within projects are aligned according to the project documents (deliverables, milestones, workplan) and adhering to WRI Indonesia operations policy.
- Coordinate with cities leadership and other cities project leads within WRI Indonesia office to ensure cross-project initiatives are linked
- Lead the team in delivering the projects on a daily basis and ensure effective quality assurance is applied throughout the project lifecycle
- Identify and address opportunities and challenges within the project that arises internally and externally, including adjustment of programmatic strategies, approaches, and budgets, with communications to cities leadership within WRI Indonesia.
- Manage engagement in building coalition among government agencies, donors, NGO’s, private sector, universities, and other key stakeholders to support project delivery
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (15%)
- Provide inputs on research, technical, and policy documentation, including analysis, studies, and reports;
- Contribute to the development of blogs and/or knowledge products
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (15%)
- Develop a mechanism with the team to track the implementation of the project implementation.
- Ensure that data and information required for demonstrating program impact and lessons learned are collected, analyzed, and integrated into program monitoring and evaluation systems/tools
- Collaborate and coordinate with staff across WRI Indonesia, WRI Global, and other international organizations
- Master’s degree in Management/ International Relations/ International Development/ Environmental Science/ Environmental Engineering/ Civil Engineering/ Urban Planning/ Architecture or Public Policy. (Or bachelor’s degree with additional 6 years of relevant experiences);
- 6 years of working experience in cities and climate change related works and able to demonstrate at least 2 years of project management experience in project monitoring, project evaluation, capacity building, and leading a team.
- Strong familiarity in urban-rural interaction and interlinkages between climate, energy, and landscape issues in cities context would be a plus.
- Having strong project management skills. Experience in managing projects funded by international entities is a plus.
- Demonstrated project financial planning, management, and evaluation in administering program budget.
- Strong monitoring and evaluation skills, or having experience in Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in both Bahasa and English for speaking and writing.
- Able to formulate ideas into communicable presentations and/or writings.
- Willingness to travel frequently to project cities in Surabaya, Makassar, etc. if required.
Must have authorization to work in Indonesia to be eligible for this position.
Final candidates might be required to take a writing test and to produce two writing samples when needed.
Selected candidates require to create a short presentation slide about selected topic to be prepared and presented during the interview
Contract arrangement: Fixed-term employment agreement for 1 year period with 3 months of consultancy contract apply before the fixed-term employment agreement started.
Remuneration: Remuneration is commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a competitive and comprehensive benefit package.
Qualified applicants should apply online through WRI career portal in order to be formally considered.
Application close: 1700 (Jakarta Time), 10 April 2022. We will close the advert earlier when the best candidates are identified at earlier dates.
This is a locally engaged position; Indonesian nationals are encouraged to apply.
(WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity and human well-being. We are working to address seven critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade in order to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean. We are passionate. We value our diversity of interests, skills and backgrounds. We have a flexible work environment. And we share a common goal to catalyze change that will improve the lives of people. Our shared ideals are at the core of our approach. They include: integrity, innovation, urgency, independence and respect. The foundation of our work is delivering high-quality research, data, maps and analysis to solve the world’s greatest environment and international development , and improve people’s lives. We work with leaders in government, business and civil society to drive ambitious action and create change on the ground. Equally important, we bring together partners to develop breakthrough ideas and scale-up solutions for far-reaching, enduring impact.
We have been growing rapidly: our staff has doubled in size over the past 5 years and our operating budget is now $100 million. Founded in 1982, WRI has a global staff of 800+ people with work spanning 60 countries. We have offices in and the as well as a growing presence in other countries and regions.
WRI is committed to advancing gender and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices.
is national entity (Yayasan) associated with the World Resources Institute (WRI), a global environmental research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. WRI work with various stakeholders in the natural resources sector to support policy and management that are both profitable and sustainable. WRI work with leaders in more than 50 countries for more than 30 years, with offices in Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, and the United States.
Launched in early 2014, WRI Indonesia builds on WRI’s 10-year history in the country and strengthens our impact on the ground. In the short-to-medium term, WRI Indonesia aims to expand its presence and portfolio to include projects in the climate, energy, as well as city and transportation programs.
The World Resources Institute ( ) is an environmental and development research and policy organization that creates solutions to protect the Earth and improve people’s lives. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, it is WRI’s policy to recruit, hire, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, protected veteran status, or disability. WRI’s global agenda requires a staff that is diverse – with respect to race, gender, cultural, and international background. Diverse perspectives and experience enhance the way WRI selects and approaches issues, as well as the creativity and applicability of WRI’s policy research and analysis. WRI, therefore, encourages applications from U.S. minorities, persons from other countries (especially developing nations), and from women of all backgrounds.
Tanggal Lowongan: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 06:47:35 GMT
Untuk mengajukan lamaran kerja dan mengetahui apakah lamaran masih tersedia atau tidak,silahkan klik pada tombol bertuliskan “LAMAR SEKARANG” di bawah ini: