Berikut ini informasi lowongan kerja Senior Humanitarian Operations Advisor di Jakarta Selatan bagi kamu yang sedang mencari informasi tersebut.
Jabatan: Senior Humanitarian Operations Advisor
Perusahaan: Save the Children
Deskripsi Pekerjaan: Senior Humanitarian Operations Advisor
LOCATION: Jakarta, Indonesia
Child Safeguarding: Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people
As a key member of SC Indonesia Humanitarian Dept, the Humanitarian Operations Adviser leads support to national office Humanitarian Dept. The core functions of the roles are to give advice to Senior Management Team (SMT) and Humanitarian Dept with the purpose of making Humanitarian programme operations more effective and efficient, and closely engage with Regional SCI and Global – One Humanitarian team, as well as potential humanitarian donors.
- Support on-going Humanitarian/emergency and resiliency programming of the existing portfolio in Indonesia to achieve ambitious breakthroughs for children.
- Contributing to the development of strong humanitarian partnerships.
- Contributing to humanitarian department’s portfolio growth and impact.
- Contribute to effective advocacy in humanitarian, Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR), and resilience works for children and collaborate with other departments to implement advocacy initiatives that support the theory of change.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
SCOPE OF ROLE
Reports to: Sr. Humanitarian Manager
Staff directly reporting to this post: NONE
Dimensions: Save the Children in Indonesia has changed for the better. We are now a national organisation that aims to be a strong, local, and self-sustaining voice for children in Indonesia namely Yayasan Save the Children Indonesia. To this end, the Yayasan Save the Children Indonesia has been designated as a “Prospect Member” by the global Save the Children movement. As ‘Prospect Member’ Indonesia was identified as part of the next wave of new member development, which focuses on strengthening and localizing our voice for children in strategic middle-income countries. Indonesia has been authorised by member ballot to start fundraising locally as a first step towards building a financially sustainable local organization and has developed a strong local governance structure. Yayasan Save the Children Indonesia aims to build key partnerships with national and local government, the private sector and local civil society organisations. Success of this phase will set the Indonesia on a pathway to full membership.
Yayasan Save the Children Indonesia works in 9 provinces with current expenditure of approximately twenty (20) million USD each year and in 2018 responded to four categorized emergencies including the Cat 2 (large) Central Sulawesi Earthquake and Tsunami response.
Budget Responsibilities: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
Oversight and accountability of humanitarian programmes
- Assist on planning and implementation of Yayasan Save the Children Indonesia humanitarian response and humanitarian budgets in Indonesia in line with the Country Strategic Plan, Humanitarian Strategy and individual response strategies/plans.
- Ensure mechanisms are in place for regular management and technical support visits to humanitarian implementation sites in order that programming meets/exceeds international standards and corresponds to work plans and budgets.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant policies and procedures of Yayasan Save the Children Indonesia, e.g. child rights and safeguarding, donors and government engagement.
Humanitarian preparedness and response start up
- Support the development of the Indonesia Emergency Preparedness Plan and early warning system as per the Save the Children quality framework standards
- Advise and Support humanitarian alerts to rapid onset emergencies are issued as required within agreed SC timelines.
- Support and advise on categorization of Indonesian humanitarian responses liaising closely with the SCI Humanitarian/Operations Team in the region and centre and in country SMT.
- Ensure rapid humanitarian multi-sectors integrated assessments are undertaken as necessary to continue to inform the implementation of the humanitarian response strategy
- Continually monitor the situation of the affected population and ensure revisions to humanitarian response outline/strategy where necessary.
- Advise to Senior Humanitarian Manager, SMT and Regional Office are well informed on issues related to humanitarian response and humanitarian risk management pertaining to all areas of operations.
- Develop and capacitate local humanitarian partners, trained and prepared to respond in line with Yayasan Save the Children Indonesia’s Emergency Preparedness Plan (EPP).
Growth, Impact, and Development:
- Through line management of Senior Humanitarian Manager and in close coordination with Chief of Programme Impact and Creation (PIC), working with the National Programme Impact and Creation Team, ensure each response has its own Response Outline/Strategy or Response Plan (depending on category and size).
- Ensure mechanisms are in place to develop humanitarian new concept papers, obtaining new opportunities, actively engaging with potential donors, and developing proposals to achieve the identified Response Strategy/Plan.
- Evaluate, monitor, and review programme activities to ensure reaching the expected target and impact, as well as ensure strict compliance with Yayasan Save the Children Indonesia and Save the Children global policies and procedures and with relevant donor regulations and agreements, Child Safeguarding Policy (CSP), Humanitarian Principles, Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS), SPHERE standards, and the NGO code of conduct.
- Ensure that all learning from humanitarian responses are captured as part of continuous improvement process.
Disaster risk reduction and resilience programming
- Oversee technical advisory support on the development of disaster risk reduction and resilience programming in Indonesia in line with global best practice and linked to Yayasan Save the Children Indonesia Humanitarian Strategy and Country Strategic Plan priorities.
- Working with the Senior Humanitarian Manager and Chief of PIC on coordination with donors and partners on DRR and resilience, liaise with advocacy and campaigns team to ensure Yayasan Save the Children Indonesia is strategically positioned to contribute to national policy around DRR and Resilience in Indonesia.
- Coordinate closely with relevant government agencies including the National Disaster Management Agency (BNPB) and the respective Ministries of Education, Social Affairs, Health, and other relevant.
Information management, media, and communications
- Ensure production and timely dissemination of high quality, analytical humanitarian reports, supply of regular situation reports, and collection, analysis and dissemination of information and data relevant to humanitarian preparedness and response.
- Support mechanisms to ensure our humanitarian response work is well published or covered in international and/or national media.
- Contribute to ensuring all project staffs are aware and are actively involved in building and maintaining the brand awareness in all humanitarian response field sites and with all projects external stakeholders including partners.
Representation and relationship building
- Represent Yayasan Save the Children Indonesia on national forums, workshops, and meetings regarding humanitarian, DRR, and resilience issues
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key national partners and coordinate with other INGOs with humanitarian, DRR, and resilience capacity
- Ensure effective representation of Yayasan Save the Children Indonesia’s humanitarian response, DRR, and resilience works to local authorities, donors, working groups, clusters, task forces, and other members of the humanitarian community
- Ensure establishment and maintenance of strong working relationships with local communities, civil society and/or community-based organizations, as well as other local authorities as appropriate.
Staff Management, Mentorship, and Humanitarian
- Develop and capacitate an Emergency Response Team, trained and prepared to respond in line with Yayasan Save the Children Indonesia’s EPP, in coordination with the SCI Regional and One Humanitarian team /Global Humanitarian Technical Working Group.
- Ensure that all staffs understand on humanitarian principle, CHS and are able to perform their role in an humanitarian response
- Support the Senior Humanitarian Manager to keep up the performance of all staffs in the Humanitarian work area through:
- Effective use of the Performance Management System including the establishment of clear, measurable objectives, ongoing feedback, periodic reviews, and fair and unbiased evaluations.
- Coaching, mentoring, and other developmental opportunities.
- Recognition and rewards for outstanding performance.
- Contribute to establishing protocols in Humanitarian setting, incentives, and coordination, to ensure clarity and efficiency in how each team will work together within Indonesia and other Save the Children offices in Humanitarian crises.
- Contribute to ensuring robust learning culture where teams and individual staff can share openly successes and failures for continuous improvement at organisational and individual levels.
- Engage staff, partners, and other stakeholders to create real shared ownership and collaboration.
- Support initiatives to build and maintain a high performing, accountable, motivated team, leading and engaging existing managers while also attracting new talent to the organisation.
- Other tasks or responsibilities reasonably requested by supervisor and in compliance with Save the Children and Yayasan Save the Children Indonesia’s policies and practices with respect to child safeguarding, code of conduct, and other relevant policies and procedures. This includes but is not limited to supporting additional emergency responses.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Recommended minimum of 7 years’ experience in humanitarian preparedness and response in a number of fragile or complex contexts
- Post graduate degree (or equivalent field experience), HLP programme in a relevant field or equivalent experience
- Experience of managing multi-donor, multi-site programmes (eg DEC, SIDA, DFAT) of USD 10M+ in a humanitarian response
- Proven experience overseeing disaster risk reduction programming
- Senior management experience of multi-national, multi-sector team
- Multi-site security management in insecure environments
- Extensive on the ground experience in multi-sectors humanitarian responses, including cash transfer assisted programmes
- Experience in logistics management
- Solid budgeting skills and knowledge of key donor regulations
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Ample knowledge of humanitarian response and transitional programme concepts, policies, frameworks, strategies, and components, as well as other development concepts and frameworks
- Knowledge of Save the Children’s practices and procedures and ways of working with children
- Willingness to work and travel in often difficult and insecure environments
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia, both verbal and written
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
Lokasi: Jakarta Selatan
Tanggal Lowongan: Sun, 05 Jun 2022 07:01:56 GMT
Untuk mengajukan lamaran kerja dan mengetahui apakah lamaran masih tersedia atau tidak,silahkan klik pada tombol bertuliskan “LAMAR SEKARANG” di bawah ini: