Berikut ini informasi lowongan kerja Policy and Advocacy Manager di Jakarta bagi kamu yang sedang mencari informasi tersebut.
Jabatan: Policy and Advocacy Manager
Perusahaan: Plan International
Deskripsi Pekerjaan: Role Purpose
The post holder is responsible to lead policy and advocacy works at the national level. The job holder will lead a team to advocate priority issues such as child marriage prevention, violence against children, and other issues at the national level. She/he will play a leading role in developing evidences as the basis of advocacy by developing or using the findings of advocacy research, project best practices / evaluation report, policy analysis, secondary data, desktop review. She/he will also have a role to engage policy makers, strategic NGO coalition, youth groups and girls champion to influence pressing policy issues that have impact to the lives of children particularly girls.
In addition, job holder will be responsible to provide capacity building and technical advice for program / project staff on strategic and effective advocacy and policy works. This will include regular training and coaching clinic on policy and advocacy for internal staff and partners.
Dimentions Of The Role
- This position reports to Influencing Director, and part of Extended Country Management Team (ECMT)
- Lead national policy and advocacy initiative in collaboration with program / project team, government partners, NGO alliance, youth groups particularly on child marriage prevention
- Support Influencing Director to build and maintain network with key stakeholders, and represent the organisation when needed
- Play key role in developing and gathering evidence-based advocacy to address policy gap from the perspective of children’s rights and equality for girls
- Management of policy advocacy annual work plan, budget and reporting
- Provide capacity building to program and project staff on strategic policy and advocacy
- Coordinate with specialist at Asia Regional Office and Global Hub for technical matters related with policy and advocacy particularly on Child, Early and Forced Marriage prevention, Violence against Children and other priority issues
- Supervise a team consisting of specialist and/or officer and manages consultants when relevant
- Ensure all policy and advocacy works comply with safeguarding and other organizational policies
- Design policy and advocacy annual work plan and budget
- Modify policy and advocacy annual work plan and budget when needed
- Monitor the work progress and report it to Influencing Director every week during coordination meeting
- Analyse the outcome of policy advocacy works and report it to Influencing Director during quarterly and annual reports development
- Recruit, supervise and ensure high quality performance of policy and advocacy team including specialist, interns, temporary assistant, etc
- Hire consultant and ensure high quality product and service delivery
- Evaluate mid-term and annual term of staff performance under her/his supervision
- Involve in ECMT meetings/workshop/capacity building/decision making process/assessment, etc.
Research and Analysis
- Develop regular policy and political analysis on issues priority and submit it to Influencing Director as the basis to develop strategic policy and advocacy agenda, key messages, Plan Indonesia response / statement to political and policy situation, and work with alliance
- Develop advocacy research together with program team/MERKM/PIA, Asia Pacific Regional Hub/global Hub/ National Offices and youth/NGO partners
- Develop YPII positioning and recommendation based on abovementioned analysis and evidence (child sponsorship dataset, YPII best practices, Plan International research findings and policy positioning, etc) to make strong advocacy positing, messages and arguments
Policy and advocacy initiative in collaboration with strategic partners
- Support influencing director to build network with key government officials at the national level, political leaders, youth groups, religious leaders, NGOs, and other actors that have powers to influence decisions
- Organize policy dialogue and strategic advocacy forum in collaboration with government and other partners to identify policy gap, provide policy recommendation as well as strengthen commitment from policymakers
- Play key roles and participate meaningfully in national alliance that focus on child rights and girl equality issues, such as Indonesia joining forces, Jaringan Aksi, and other strategic coalition
- Support influencing director to engage and lobby decision makers directly at the national level to secure and accelerate policy changes and implementation
- Collaborate with Campaign Lead to involve youth meaningfully in policy advocacy initiative
Capacity building for program and project staff on strategic advocacy
- Conduct capacity development needs assessment on staff capacity in policy and advocacy
- Conduct regular policy and advocacy training for program and project staff (at least twice a year)
- Provide strategic advice and technical support to YPII program and project staff on advocacy plan and initiatives (when needed)
Safeguarding of Children and Young People
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff, consultants and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
- Program Managers
- PIA Managers
- MER & KM Team
- Campaign Lead
- Safeguarding / Compliance / GESI Advisors or Specialists
- Media and Communication Manager
- Finance Manager, HR Manager, IT Manager and Admin Manager
Asia Hub and Global Hub Staffs:
- Asia Pacific Program Influencing Regional Team
- Research Policy Advocacy Team of Global Hub
- Research, Policy Advocacy Team of National Office
- Relevant government institutions (Eselon II and below), local government (Head of Offices)
- UN Bodies, INGOs and NGOs focuses on Child Rights and/or Gender Equality
- NGO coalition, network, forum and clusters on Child Rights and/or Gender Equality
- Research organizations, think tank, universities and Institutes
- Consultants and Research Intern / Temporary Assistant
- Youth groups (Youth Coalition for Girls as primary)
- Girls champions
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
- Master Degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: public policy, international development, gender equality, human rights, child and youth development, sociology, or other relevant social science
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in public policy and/or advocacy with INGO, UN, donor agencies
- Minimum 2 years of experience working at the managerial level and supervising a team
- Sound knowledge on gender equality, child rights and NGO development programming practice.
- Knowledge and understanding on policy making process in Indonesia
- Experience working with government and NGOs (including but not limited to KemenPPPA, Bappenas, Kemendagri, Kemenkeu, Kemendes, Kemendikbud, Kemenaker, Kemenkes, Kantor Staf President, etc)
- Skill on policy analysis, research and data analysis
- Ability to design research proposals, research design for advocacy purpose
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and writing) in English and Bahasa Indonesia
- Good professional attitude and a team player
- Strong leadership and managerial skill
- Self-starting nature and proactive
Yayasan Plan International Indonesia Values in Practice
We Are Lasting Impact
We strive to achieve significant and lasting impact on the lives of children and young people, and to secure equality for girls. We challenge ourselves to be bold, courageous, responsive, focused and innovative.
We Are Equal, Inclusive, Empowering
We respect all people, value diversity, and uphold equality in the scope of our programs and workplace.
We are transparent and accountable.
We create working climate and partnership that is trusting, honest, transparent and accountable for the decisions we make and the impact our work has on our stakeholders
We Are Smart & Lifelong Learning
At any time, there are always new things that we can know and learn therefore we are eager to seek knowledge that is useful for ourselves and the organization.
We are adaptive and innovative
We are aware that existing problems and future challenges cannot always be solved with a conventional mindset, so we are constantly innovating in search of new breakthroughs.
We prioritize collaboration
We collaborate with various parties, both internally and externally, based on good faith and the principles of partnership that apply in the organization to achieve common goals.
Taking Measured-Risk: We dare to take measured risks to be superior and at the forefront.
We realize that risk is part of decision making, so being brave for taking measured risk is the key for us to be able to keep moving forward to be superior and at the forefront.
– Hybrid working arrangement with a balanced composition of working from home and from the office.
– Shared-table in Jakarta office with a typical office environment, air-conditioned room and proper working desks.
– Provided with an official laptop with original Microsoft office software and free internet connection at the office.
– Willingness to travels outside Jakarta, sometimes to remote areas or overseas.
Level of contact with children and young people
High level: Frequent interaction with children and young people
All applications will be treated in confidence. Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interviews. Please submit your letter of application and detailed curriculum vitae in English by apply now not later than October 23, 2022
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International’s Safeguarding Children and Young People policy.
As an international child centred community development organisation, Yayasan Plan International Indonesia is fully committed to promoting the realisation of children’s rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Yayasan Plan International Indonesia believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the very heart of everything that Plan International stands for. Our organisation is based on a culture of inclusivity and we strive to create a workplace environment that ensures every team, in every office, in every country, is rich in diverse people, thoughts, and ideas.
We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We foster an organisational culture that embraces and exemplifies our commitment to gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion while supporting staff to adopt good practice, positive attitudes and principles of gender equality and inclusion.
Tanggal Lowongan: Sun, 16 Oct 2022 04:16:30 GMT
Untuk mengajukan lamaran kerja dan mengetahui apakah lamaran masih tersedia atau tidak,silahkan klik pada tombol bertuliskan “LAMAR SEKARANG” di bawah ini: