Berikut ini informasi lowongan kerja National Consultant: WASH Provincial based in Semarang, Indonesia di Surabaya, Jawa Timur bagi kamu yang sedang mencari informasi tersebut.
Jabatan: National Consultant: WASH Provincial based in Semarang, Indonesia
Deskripsi Pekerjaan: UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, clean water
A steadily growing economy isn’t benefiting all. Half the population still lives in poverty and children’s changes can vary dramatically depending on their families’ wealth or where they live.
For more information, visit the UNICEF Indonesia Country Office website:
Title: National Consultant: WASH Provincial Consultant
Type of Contract: Individual Consultant
Duration: 1 June 2022 – 30 April 2023 (11 months)
Duty Station: Semarang
How can you make a difference?
In the new Country Program Action Plan 2021-2025, UNICEF begins its commitment to support the Central Java province government in achieving the SDG target on sanitation through policy advocacy, evidence generation, and technical assistance. One of the sub-sectors that need intense support is safe sanitation. The Central Java province is slightly off-track in achieving its sub-national target for increasing access to improved sanitation, particularly safe sanitation. Despite their achievement is amongst the top five in the highest percentage across Indonesia with 10,51% in 2021 but they are facing substantial challenges in meeting their target (20%) by 2024 (Bappenas, 2021).
Based on a recent UNICEF assessment on enabling environment for safely managed sanitation sub-sector, there are 13 out of 35 districts/cities (37%) across Central Java that have a lack of function/unoperated septage treatment plants while other 6 districts/cities have no plants (17%). Coupled with a lack of safely managed sanitation (SMS) services, more than 40% of district/cities have no specific local policy and supporting regulation for SMS service provision. It shows that enabling environment of the sector needs to be strengthened to ensure effective and sustainable SMS services. It will eventually lead to the achievement of the target.
As per AWP 2022, to support the achievement of the sector target, UNICEF focus on bolstering the ecosystem for safely managed sanitation service in peri-urban settings by developing one-stop-shop business model to offer customers a range of affordable, desirable, and complete sanitation solutions. Moreover, UNICEF will be strengthening private sector engagement including BAZNAS for alternative financing sources for safely managed sanitation access and hand hygiene facilities as well.
Purpose of Assignment:
UNICEF Indonesia is seeking the services of a dedicated consultant to support selected districts/cities’ governments to pilot the PPP model for safely managed sanitation in the marketplace, generating financing options for service expansion and bolstering the ecosystem for safely managed sanitation services in peri-urban settings. The dedicated consultant will also support the Central Java provincial government in fostering WASH4Work initiatives and facilitating the use of the Islamic charity fund (ZIS) for WASH sector. The consultant’s support for WASH4Work will specifically include developing partnerships with select companies and the local government on WASH4Work initiatives. To do this, the Consultant will identify vulnerable areas within the province with limited WASH coverage, and engage the local government, potential private sector companies and respective communities to implement WASH4Work initiatives to improve WASH conditions in the selected areas. WASH4Work initiatives could also include engaging with companies to improve WASH within their workplaces or increasing capacity of staff to address WASH issues within their workplaces. For this, the Consultant will identify potential companies to work with from the landscape study conducted by UNICEF and the Ministry of Manpower in April/May 2022.
SCOPE OF WORK:
Under the direct supervision of the WASH officer and overall guidance of the Chief of Field Office of Java Area, the consultant will deliver the following:
1. Support piloting PPP model for safely managed sanitation service in marketplace
– Conduct data collection as part of landscape assessment to understand current situation of safe sanitation services in selected cities/districts target jointly with LPPM UNDIP.
– Provide inputs on the service delivery model linking users to desludging and treatment in consultation with Jakarta team
– Support the introduction of the model to key stakeholders in selected cities/districts target.
– Provide technical inputs in the development of operational procedures to implement the model.
– Monitor and evaluate the implementation of the model and provide feedback to the service provider/regulator
2. Support generating financing options for service expansion
– Conduct assessment of current sanitation producers/entrepreneurs, desludging service providers and micro finance institution in selected cities/districts target.
– Facilitate series of workshops between sanitation producers/entrepreneurs, desludging service providers and micro finance institution (MFI) for business expansion.
– Support capacity building activities to potential sanitation producers/entrepreneurs and desludging service providers jointly with LPPM UNDIP in coordination with Jakarta Team.
– Create and introduce performance monitoring mechanism benefited for all parties involved.
3. Support bolstering the ecosystem for safely managed sanitation service in peri urban settings
– Develop data base of market players in the city/district
– Introduce the framework of one stop shop, including define an institutional model to ensure sustainability
– Support pilot implementation of integrated digital marketplace in selected districts.
4. Support WASH4WORK initiatives
– Introduce concept WASH4WORK to key stakeholders at provincial level (e.g. Bappeda, CSR Forum, etc)
– Support identification of private companies and manufactures that potentially involved in the WASH4Work initiative.
– Develop and implement at least two WASH4Work initiatives in collaboration with partners. Support preparation of WASH4Work report
5. Support use of ZIS for WASH sector particularly safely managed sanitation.
– Introduce use of ZIS for WASH concept to key stakeholders at provincial level (e.g. district pokja, BAZNAS)
– Facilitate district Pokja PKP with local BAZNAS for use of ZIS for WASH.
– Support implementation of ZIS for WASH in selected cities/districts
Please refer to the Term of Reference attached for detail breakdowns of key tasks and deliverables.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
– She/he should have a minimum 8 years of relevant professional experience since graduation, and have necessary professional qualification in urban sanitation sector
– Disciplines: education in engineering, public health, or a field relevant to international WASH related development assistance. Master of higher qualification is preferable.
– Experienced with WASH governance issues, as well as familiarity with the institutional and regulatory framework of WASH sector development in Indonesia.
– Have knowledge and experience of the urban/rural sanitation programmes (e.g., PPSP, Pamsimas, STBM, IUWASH), at National and/or Sub-national level
– Familiar with business model, including for WASH access and services
– Proven ability in research, dialogue and synthesis of complex information in strategic reports.
– Strong writing and analytical skills for quality report writing (a sample of recent analytical report will be requested).
– Excellent written and oral communication skills in Bahasa Indonesia is mandatory, capability speaking and writing in English is a very strong asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA).
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships
- Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness
- Drive to achieve results for impact
- Innovates and embraces change
- Manages ambiguity and complexity
- Thinks and acts strategically
- Works collaboratively with others
To view our competency framework, please visit .
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
This position is not considered an elevated risk role. However, UNICEF reserves the right to conduct further vetting/ assessment within the scope of child safeguarding as appropriate.
Closing date: 13 May 2022
Remarks: The screening of your application will be conducted based on the information in your profile. Before applying, we strongly suggest that you review your profile to ensure accuracy and completeness. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws. This vacancy is open for Indonesians only.
Advertised: 28 Apr 2022 SE Asia Standard Time
Deadline: 13 May 2022 SE Asia Standard Time
Lokasi: Surabaya, Jawa Timur
Tanggal Lowongan: Sat, 30 Apr 2022 07:54:39 GMT
Untuk mengajukan lamaran kerja dan mengetahui apakah lamaran masih tersedia atau tidak,silahkan klik pada tombol bertuliskan “LAMAR SEKARANG” di bawah ini: