Berikut ini informasi lowongan kerja JKT – UK-Indonesia Tech Hub Operations Manager, EO (maternity cover) di Britania Raya – Jakarta bagi kamu yang sedang mencari informasi tersebut.
Jabatan: JKT – UK-Indonesia Tech Hub Operations Manager, EO (maternity cover)
Perusahaan: HM Government
Deskripsi Pekerjaan: Main Purpose of Job:
The UK-Indonesia Tech Hub is part of the International Tech Hub Network, which is delivered by DCMS (Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport), under the UK Government’s Digital Access Programme led by the FCDO (Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office). The programme promotes digital inclusion and inclusive growth in partner countries. Other Hubs are located in South Africa, Kenya, Nigeria and Brazil. The Hub teams work with entrepreneurs, SMEs and start-ups across their respective technology ecosystems to find innovative solutions to local development challenges, thereby driving sustainable economic growth to serve women, marginalised youth and disabled people in particular. The Hubs forge innovation partnerships between the UK and international tech sectors, stimulate local digital economies, and build high-end digital skills to drive sustainable jobs and growth. Through the Hubs’ activities, entrepreneurs and founders acquire the skills, resources and support needed to turbocharge their entrepreneurial journey.
The successful candidate will be part of a small team of locally engaged staff, based within the British High Commission, and will support the Director of the Hub to develop its strategy, and then be responsible for helping to deliver that strategy. They will also manage the hub’s day to day operations. The Tech Hub Network is funded as part of a cross-government, Prosperity-funded programme, so collaboration across departments will be a critical success factor in this role.
The Hub will have three main aims:
- Deliver tailored interventions to cultivate digital skills responding to the needs and opportunities for inclusion in the local tech sector. This could include, for example, promoting opportunities for youth and women in the local tech sector.
- Support tech entrepreneurship through partnerships with local digital ecosystem stakeholders including incubators, accelerators and private sector firms, Indonesia government departments and agencies and non-profit organisations
- Facilitate partnerships between local tech firms (including tech start-ups) and international companies (across all sectors) in the form of commercial partnerships or joint ventures
What will the jobholder be expected to achieve:
- Providing administrative, coordination, and project management of hub projects, frequently working across several projects simultaneously, and ensuring they align with the wider DCMS tech hub network programme.
- Developing relationships with local tech firms, start-ups and wider tech sector stakeholders, using these to support the delivery and development of new partnerships and projects.
- Support the Hub’s work by planning and executing high profile events: assume a key role in planning projects and events such as business delegations, conferences and receptions. Work with external suppliers to negotiate venue hire, hotel bookings, tech support, produce materials etc.
- Support on design and implementation of the Hub’s policies by establishing and maintaining standards, systems and procedures.
- Lead work on all logistical and administrative components for the Hub’s activities.
- Preparing briefing materials for the senior team, arranging logistics and travel for the team and both inward and outward delegations, and helping to identify and deliver engagement opportunities for the Hub team to promote its work effectively.
- Process payments and manage Hub’s procurement process and budget. Responsible for quarterly and annual reporting to DCMS central team, and for preparing non-ODA and transparency reports as necessary.
Resources managed (staff and expenditure):
The post holder will be based in Jakarta and will be part of a small team of locally engaged staff, normally working in the British Embassy (but currently working from home). The post holder will not have line management responsibility. He/she will be expected to get up-to-speed quickly on Embassy procurement processes to ensure budgets are properly managed and represent good value for money.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Fluent in English and Bahasa Indonesia
- IT literate, and able to learn how to use new IT systems quickly
- Strong administrative and/or project management experience
- Well organised with good attention to detail
- Able to work flexibly and pick up corporate processes quickly
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Confident at decision making, within agreed boundaries
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels, both verbally and in writing, with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in handling budgets and finance administration
Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace, Communicating and Influencing, Working Together
Application deadline Application deadline – day Application deadline – month Application deadline – year
11 November 2022
Executive Officer (EO)
Type of Position
Fixed Term, Full-time
Working hours per week
Duration of Post
Type of Post
Number of vacancies
Start Date Start Date – day Start Date – month Start Date – year
2 January 2023
Other benefits and conditions of employment
The British Embassy/Consulate offers a competitive remuneration package including:
- Annual leave entitlement of 25 days per year
- Medical benefit (medical insurance)
- Access to extensive learning and development opportunities
The UK Government is passionate about developing our staff. We have a wide learning and development offer available to staff to help develop the skills they need. You will enter an environment where your development goals and long-term career interests are supported.
We place a strong emphasis on learning and development. You will be encouraged to undertake developmental training and get involved in corporate activities. This role provides an excellent opportunity to build up programme knowledge and expertise and gain exposure to working across government. You will have access to Project & Programme Management L&D as well as wider job-relevant L&D and support for your own personal development.
The contract is a Fixed-term 5-month maternity cover role.
No accommodation or relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position. All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre-employment checks. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy Jakarta is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law. In relation to this, the successful candidate will need to arrange for his/her own Police Certificate.
Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary may have their salaries reduced by the equivalent local income tax amount.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Note : All applicants are required to mandatorily fill the online application form completely including the employment and educational details, experience, professional skills and behaviour based questions. We will be thoroughly reviewing the applications and incomplete form in any respect may not be considered while shortlisting for the next stage.
To ensure a successful application it is important that you explain how you demonstrate these behaviours, including through your experience. You are strongly advised to read the , which provides detailed guidance on how the behaviours are defined and the standards expected at Level 4 for this position.
Applicants are encouraged to use the STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Result) format to prepare specific examples of when they have demonstrated these behaviours in their application. Using the STAR format to provide evidence of your skills and experience in your application and at interview helps to give a structure. You briefly describe the situation in which you showed the behaviour, and then explain your task in addressing the situation, what action you took and the result of this.
For inclusivity and diversity, please remove the following personal information when uploading your CV: name, address, email address, age, date of birth, gender and nationality.
The start date mentioned in the job advert is a tentative start date and the successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances.
Please be aware that you will only be able to apply to vacancies for Country Based Staff roles with the British Government through this official tal.net site (operated by Oleeo). Jobs may be advertised on third party websites, however our adverts will always link back to the official tal.net site. If you complete and send an application through any other site, we will not receive it.
Lokasi: Britania Raya – Jakarta
Tanggal Lowongan: Tue, 01 Nov 2022 07:04:45 GMT
Untuk mengajukan lamaran kerja dan mengetahui apakah lamaran masih tersedia atau tidak,silahkan klik pada tombol bertuliskan “LAMAR SEKARANG” di bawah ini: