Berikut ini informasi lowongan kerja Consultant as Investment Analyst for Low Carbon Development Initiative (LCDI) di Jakarta bagi kamu yang sedang mencari informasi tersebut.
Jabatan: Consultant as Investment Analyst for Low Carbon Development Initiative (LCDI)
Perusahaan: World Resources Institute
Deskripsi Pekerjaan: The Low Carbon Development Initiative (LCDI) is a program initiated by Indonesia’s Ministry of Planning (BAPPENAS) and funded by the United Kingdom – Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (UK-FCDO) which aimed to mainstream principles of sustainable development in policy making and national development planning process. It pursues a change of paradigm away from an old unsustainable model of utilization of natural resources and of reliance on high carbon emission sources of energy into a new sustainable model that preserves the country’s vast natural capital base, while shifting towards renewable, low carbon sources of energy. The LCDI provides analytical inputs – which one of the methodologies is system dynamics – and has been mainstreamed into Indonesia’s Medium-term Development Plan, RPJMN 2020-2024.
WRI Indonesia has been supporting the Ministry of National Development Planning (BAPPENAS) to initiate and mainstream the LCDI into national development policy. In particular, WRI Indonesia supports BAPPENAS by providing expertise in research and analytics as well as engagement and communications on the economic-social-environmental nexus. In delivering its support, WRI Indonesia collaborates with partners both at national and global level.
In 2022, the program will continue to support BAPPENAS in ensuring the implementation of LCDI policies within the RPJMN 2020-2024, while at the same time providing a smooth transition to a full scale LCDI phase 2. The support will be provided by supporting the established LCDI-Secretariat under direct guidance of Director of Environmental Affairs, BAPPENAS. Several activities that will be conducted by WRI Indonesia in supporting the LCDI Secretariat can be categorized into three aspects including: i) capacity building support at national and provincial level; ii) policy support to maintain LCDI remains on top of Government’s development agenda, including on green economy and G-20 related support; and iii) stakeholders’ engagement and communication.
Implementing LCDI policies and transitioning towards low carbon development path would require huge investment that cannot be fulfilled by the Government alone. Moving ahead, the LCDI project is now exploring opportunities including in term of unlocking funding support for LCDI from various sources, such as private sector and philanthropy.
The Investment Analyst will report to LCDI Program Coordinator at WRI Indonesia and will provide support in development of business case on how to leverage investment from non-state actors, including private sector and philanthropy on low carbon and green economy at national and sub-national level. He/She will develop initial framework or schemes on innovative investment for low carbon and green economy. The business case will be used as the frameworks to explain the need and how to start this initiative. It is expected that the documents will give stakeholders a clear understanding of the issues relevant to the low carbon development investment and offers practical solutions.
- Support in providing technical research relevant to the low carbon development investment and offers practical, contextual solutions. Prepare materials in the form of power point slides and/or talking points to be delivered in meetings or public event related to low-carbon investment needs (specific focus on low-carbon circular economy).
- Collaborate and coordinate with government at national and sub-national level, partner organization and staff across WRI Indonesia, WRI Global and international offices in supporting low-carbon circular economy investment needs formulation and research activities.
Project Management and Administrative Works (20%)
- Organize internal and external meetings, FGDs, workshops, conferences and dissemination activities related to the LCDI project.
- Support & liaise administrative needs with WRI Indonesia, LCDI Secretariat & Directorate of Environment Bappenas to arrange necessary meeting, event, workshop, webinar & etc.
- Participate in the development of LCDI investment needs workplan and provide administrative input to the workplan.
- Participate in meetings and workshops with partners and prepare relevant minutes of meetings.
- Support monthly report and narrative to donor.
- Organize administrative paper works related to the projects (i.e. TORs, agreements, contracts, work authorizations, and purchase orders).
Engagement and Outreach (20%)
- Support in providing meeting arrangement with key partners, including with BAPPENAS, Ministry of Finance, Financial Services Authority (OJK), Private Sectors, and Financial Institutions.
- Contribute to outreach and communication of knowledge products of LCDI to WRI audience.
- Legally able to work in Indonesia
- Bachelor degree in =, Finance, Economics or other related fields (Sustainable Development, International Relations or Development Studies)
- Minimum 1 year of working experience in a relevant climate financing and development, with a minimum of 1 year full-time experience in analyzing sustainable finance (public and/or private) for climate and low carbon transition, global/national low-carbon markets (e.g. energy, climate), and circular economy
- Proven technical and practical understanding of Indonesia’s public and private financing landscape and policy constellation for low-carbon sectors
- Ability to write and speak in an organized, succinct, and articulate manner for a wide range of audiences, including government, private sector and local NGOs
- Analytical individual with track records of making apt judgements in decoding complex, multi-dimensional issues such as low-carbon development transition
- Detail-oriented and critical thinker who can juggle multiple, competing priorities
- Ability to travel when needed
- Prior engagement in research and/or advocacy with relevant stakeholders (e.g. Bappenas, Ministry of Environment, Ministry of Finance, OJK, Bappepam, BLH)
- Professional fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and English
- Demonstrated interest and experience in climate change, forestry, energy, or other natural resources issues
- International experience or prior work in a global organization
- Must be capable in coping up with high demand and fluid nature of the stakeholders request.
- Must be capable of setting priorities and working under pressure
- Must be able to multi-task and planning several events simultaneously
- Ability to work well with internal and external participants is essential
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is imperative
Deliverables and Timeline
Research plan on how to unlock investment from private sectors and philanthropy for low carbon development
Well written specific chapter on financing and investment developed under the action plan for circular economy
Organizing at least 3 meetings / FGDs with stakeholders (government and private sectors) for circular economy financing and investment.
Produce innovative investment scheme on low carbon and green investment projects to be proposed to BAPPENAS
June – July 2022
Formulation of at least 4 ppt slides/ talking points materials
June – July 2022
Period of Work
June – September 2022
Terms of Payment
Daily-rate based consultant with maximum 72 (seventy-two) working days for the entire contract period or 18 (eighteen) working days per month in average
Must have authorization to work in Indonesia to be eligible for this position.
Final candidates might be required to take a writing test and to produce two writing samples when needed.
Consultant rate: Consultant rate is commensurate with experience and skills.
Qualified applicants should apply online through WRI career portal in order to be formally considered.
Application close: 1700 (Jakarta Time), 15 June 2022. We will close the advert earlier when the best candidates are identified at earlier dates.
This is a locally engaged position; Indonesian nationals are encouraged to apply.
(WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity and human well-being. We are working to address seven critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade in order to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean. We are passionate. We value our diversity of interests, skills and backgrounds. We have a flexible work environment. And we share a common goal to catalyze change that will improve the lives of people. Our shared ideals are at the core of our approach. They include: integrity, innovation, urgency, independence and respect. The foundation of our work is delivering high-quality research, data, maps and analysis to solve the world’s greatest environment and international development , and improve people’s lives. We work with leaders in government, business and civil society to drive ambitious action and create change on the ground. Equally important, we bring together partners to develop breakthrough ideas and scale-up solutions for far-reaching, enduring impact.
We have been growing rapidly: our staff has doubled in size over the past 5 years and our operating budget is now $100 million. Founded in 1982, WRI has a global staff of 800+ people with work spanning 60 countries. We have offices in and the as well as a growing presence in other countries and regions.
WRI is committed to advancing gender and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices.
is national entity (Yayasan) associated with the World Resources Institute (WRI), a global environmental research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. WRI work with various stakeholders in the natural resources sector to support policy and management that are both profitable and sustainable. WRI work with leaders in more than 50 countries for more than 30 years, with offices in Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, and the United States.
Launched in early 2014, WRI Indonesia builds on WRI’s 10-year history in the country and strengthens our impact on the ground. In the short-to-medium term, WRI Indonesia aims to expand its presence and portfolio to include projects in the climate, energy, as well as city and transportation programs.
The World Resources Institute ( ) is an environmental and development research and policy organization that creates solutions to protect the Earth and improve people’s lives. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, it is WRI’s policy to recruit, hire, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, protected veteran status, or disability. WRI’s global agenda requires a staff that is diverse – with respect to race, gender, cultural, and international background. Diverse perspectives and experience enhance the way WRI selects and approaches issues, as well as the creativity and applicability of WRI’s policy research and analysis. WRI, therefore, encourages applications from U.S. minorities, persons from other countries (especially developing nations), and from women of all backgrounds.
Tanggal Lowongan: Thu, 02 Jun 2022 07:00:43 GMT
Untuk mengajukan lamaran kerja dan mengetahui apakah lamaran masih tersedia atau tidak,silahkan klik pada tombol bertuliskan “LAMAR SEKARANG” di bawah ini: